In this call,
- We shared a brainstorming document (Below)
- Each person put down their ideas of what a DAO should govern
- Each person chose one idea that is not their own idea, and represented how and why a DAO would be good for that particular use case.
- We also had a list of bad ideas and we found out that by discussing it further, we could think of ways in which bad ideas could become good ideas
Brainstorming: What should we dGovern?
Instructions for those who just joined: Instead of governing our own blockchains, what would we want to use DAO/dGov technology to govern?
Write your ideas and then a few words on that, and then we will take turns presenting other people’s ideas.
- Rotary Satellite Club or Working Group
- Lions Club
Service Clubs organize & fundraise for infrastructure, events, and gifts to the communities they serve.
- Leadership cultivation
- Pool resources to co-lead
Mutual Aid Society
- Localized Insurance, voluntaryist utility to relieve damages, not just cash benefits
Means of production
- Food production
Govern the produce:
What to produce, how to produce, how to distribute
Managing surplus, etc.
Housing and shelter
Platforms - i.e. tech, service ones
A community could pool monetary resources, those resources can then be used to buy up empty office spaces. These are then converted into creativity rooms that contain all of the components/elements/instruments for producing and distributing media.
- Contributors in a system like this can have voting rights, the point is to attract creative artists (but contributors could be of all walks of life).
- Contributors gain points for voting
- Contribution includes sharing their expertise with people that are interested through courses, workshops etc.
- Contributors gain points for voting
- The products and services that come out of this commons can be sold to the outside world and whatever value is created is shared amongst contributors
- All the elements and components of the creativity rooms can be shared
- Could create a token model around this as well
Integrating workers from the ground
- Ex. Empowering farmers to align with the vision of the land.
- Create and arrange people on the ground around sources of motivation
- Exploring the concept of SS and decision making, bringing the understanding that if you’re not making the decision someone else is making the decision for you. The greenhouse broke down because people did not have the motivation to do different - Q is how we can reorganise people for something that they are actually motivated, and how we can bring a spiral sense of collaboration, understanding the concept of a DAO before we are using the technology
A small municipality or village that has its own means of production/farms as well as businesses.
Mutual aid society where people help one another and create a common currency.
A group of cooperative farms in a region. Each cooperative farm or business might work on its own but having them coordinate together would provide a good framework for join lobbying and a sustainable economy among communities
- Transparency in voting - who is backing whom
- Quadratic voting (supporting not only own ideas)
- Some blockchain project (for transparency)
- Other Natural Resources
- Playgrounds for kids
- Creative spaces (digital & physical)
- Open Source Software
@Anja - Real estate & land
- Make sure there are no (un)pleasant surprises when you buy or develop land
- Who’s in charge or responsible for it
- People who have an interest in the land registry would govern the land registry - not, the government
Related to a project - Propy (land registry on blockchain)
Go to all the governments
Develop transparently and open source
- I.e. all comments, requests, complaints in one accessible place
Land registries, etc. - transparent and clear, solid record with blockchain
Blockchain could help:
- With inheritance
- Connecting the different processes and registries (i.e. removing notaries)
@ Grace // Appalachian trail
Why? - conflict with building a pipeline there, which might destroy it
- Supreme Court case, with an environmental group and oil company - not the people who live there or use the trail
Weighted DAO - differentiated rights
You can have a right if you walked it
If you live there - you have a right
If you’re American, you can have some
No lobbying power for the oil company
Informational aspect of a DAO
- Environmental experts (identified, and with a reputation system)
- Economic experts too
- Offer both sides BUT fact based
Already existing entities (management, improved governance, horizontal types, advanced hierarchies, working relations, rewarding, incentivization)
Conducts within blockchain ecosystem - now that more and more traditional actors are entering the space and the UN/EU is implementing blockchain infrastructure, we would need to establish governing principles (what is good governance when it comes to the blockchain) and standards (introduce or demand that the infrastructure is fully open sourced)
Bug fixing/features implementation processes within existing organisations (DAOs) in order to prevent hacking or capturing of the system
- Many brains is much better than a single brain here
- Building upon and feeding each others ideas (vs. a single brilliant insight)
- Platform for discussion / proposals (up or down, and counter)
- Reputation / contribution scoring for
- Overall pool to encourage participating, overall
Resource management and governance (scarce resources, first build a supply management and supply chain infrastructure and then creating interoperability with trans-contextual element)
- W3C, a body that creates standards for Web technologies
- DIF Foundation which creates Digital ID standards for Blockchain
- Blockchain interoperability standards instead of using PollkaDot or Cosmos
- Maintaining all that we (humans) produce, create and use
- Housing associations
- Urban planning
- Do it for shelter
- Important to show people they have ownership and voice over things
- A platform for discussion is necessary
- Based on contributions
- Participate in sharing value
Potentially bad ideas:
- Someone else’s money ** depends how much they have… sounds good to me.
- Un-reconcilable groups
- Prohibitive regulation
- emergency response or post-natural catastrophes
A token bonding curve, similar to a normal curve
Create bounties + rewards mechanisms
- Make sure it is sybil resistance
- Incentivize using phone for (i.e. citizens monitoring vs. the state) sous-veillance to counter surveillance
Reputation scoring for non-incentivized responses
Illuminati world dominance
“Knowing what’s going on is part of governance” + “there’s a need for a new data structure”