Topic, Main Questions
- The overacting topic is DAO and its legal implications
- Main questions:
- What vehicles can one use for shielding DAOs from liability? External and internal
- Can we have an arbitration agreement that gives way to an internal disagreement resolution?
- How DAO interact with the legal world?
- What kind of agreement should we have between the members?
- What is the best legal structure? Avoid the taxes, so that money doesn’t finances the wars
- When is something (a token/crypto) considered to be a security?
- Liability for taxes
Agreements and convergence
- We need to discover many different legal entities which are suitable for DAOs
- We’d like to find a good jurisdiction which allows DAOs to thrive (low taxes, possible liability limitations)
- Even if you are incorporated somewhere, there are still ways and possibilities to recognise members as liable for actions taken by a DAO
Disagreements and challenges
Key learnings and conclusion
- Liability needs to be limited
- Taxes in one country alone do not make sense when the organisation si decentralized
- Ownership over the real assets