More work is shifting to remote because of more opportunities, less waste and even ecology. But most people feel that if you really need to do something you need to go to the meatspace. Often calls provide a frustrating experience with some people overusing their talking time, lack of clear problem/decision focus, going out of the topic and overtime etc. So how might we improve the facilitation with technology?
I managed and participated in ~10-20 online working groups-distributed teams. Through this work I’ve established some approach to facilitation and record-keeping but it’s a really time-consuming and exhaustive task. I’d like to have a software for better calls with automated agenda selection, record keeping, signaling, decision making and group matching. So we can improve the perceived efficiency and satisfaction of the remote group members.
- Mastermind groups
- Dgov, Ethereum and any other network working groups
- Open community calls
- Meta org infrastructure
- Mobile-first experience (+web version)
- Agenda planning (with voting and t-shirt sizes)
- Instant signalling to give feedback without interruption (also for listeners)
- Psychological profiles built on tests and calls analysis + SSID e.g. 3box
- Team composition score based on profiles & smart matching (getting the right people to talk on the right topics at the right time, based on vast data analysis.)
- Appstore of facilitation formats (holacracy meetings, feedback rounds etc), visual representation of the flow
- Great materials topics with timestamps to video, feedback and chat (+maybe speech recognition)
- AI participant to notify on time suggest improvements etc (maxAI)
- Decision making and interactive votings (Integration with loomio? show support level pir or bar)
- Different facilitation presets: holacracy, fishbowl, scrum retrospective etc
- Advanced analytics: topic, emotion recognition, brain scanning (emotiv), pulse, NLP/word analysis
- Calendar, sessions planning
- Parking lot for issues
To sign up for the beta test – live a comment to this post
- Zoom ($20B market cap) – great infrastructure, ease of use, rooms
- ezTalks Meetings.
- Adobe Connect
- Skype for Business
- Google Hangouts
- use software for calls in the product team and share it to promote
- get public reviews of the product from experts
- What are most perspective personas and use cases (tactical meetings, retrospectives, webinars etc)
- How pressing are defined problems and how are they solved now (benefits and downsides)
- What are the sizes of the addressable markets?
- What features are needed first?
- November: collect 100 people on beta test, define priority scenarios