Part of DGov Council 2020
Host: Chris Wray
Topic, Main Questions
- What are the different (cognitive) modes of attention to a situation that requires judgement/decision making?
- How can we design our processes for making decisions in the course of governance to prompt/support decision-makers to engage their full cognitive capacities?
Agreements and convergence
- Simple prompts such as providing a reason for a decision or explaining which experiences make one “expert” at this kind of judgement
Disagreements and challenges
- Each judgement/decision may require a sequence of different ways of attending to/thinking about the situation; so how can we make through an entire process?
Key learnings and conclusion
- We can apply this research when designing governance systems