DGov Council 2020: Jan 24-26, Berlin

Date & Location: 24-26 January 2020, Berlin, Full node

DGov council is a community event for the #dgov activists: community builders, DAO members & practitioners, governance or blockchain researchers, entrepreneur & founders. This year topic is “Creating Human-Centric and Scalable Governance Systems”.

Tasks for the council

• Build social connections
  • Learn more about the space
  • Sharing common tensions / frustrations
  • Identifying important projects
  • Receive support in raising funds
  • Feeling part of the family/gossiping
  • Contribute to the big vision/cause
  • Present your work
  • Understand how other people see dgov

Agenda & Plans

• Open Space topic selection & discussion
  • Present your work via lightning session & feedback on them
  • Assembling #dgov report: promotion of people, projects & topics
  • Setting interviews
  • Meditation & yoga sessions
  • Governance Games (this time for real!)
  • Breaking the ice (connection building session)
  • Break out & chill areas
  • Deals over dinner
  • Inspiration session dragon dreaming, planning for 2020
  • Platform Canvas Workshop
  • Collaborative map: what’s dgov, where’s my project & vision poster

Will Do’s

• Cool t-shirts, stickers, gifts & other swag
  • Project list + subscribe to support the projects
  • Clear roles
  • Harvesting walls during the council
  • Outcome / Meaningful takeaways
  • Cool people & connections from various fields
  • Make/create my sessions
  • Culture of Feedback
  • Welcoming & caring environment
  • Open voting on sessions
  • Nice food
  • Visibility for your work
  • Inspiration
  • New partners for projects

Will Avoid

• Early morning start
  • Too much lingo and buzzwords
  • Spending time for non-valuable activities
  • Unclear outcomes, poor faciitation / guidance
  • Few leaders talking most of the time
  • Shyness

Who’s coming*

• Tim Bansemer, partner DGov foundation, entrepreneur, founder of inblock.io GmbH & Co.KG, Blockchain and IT Security Consultant
  • Ela Kagel, partner DGov foundation, digital strategist, co-founder & managing director of SUPERMARKT Berlin, RChain Europe board member
  • Phoebe Tickell, partner DGov foundation, decentralised governance & complexity designer
  • Max Semenchuk, partner DGov foundation, 4irelabs, mastermind-x, Giveth
  • Anja Blaj, Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) at Future Law Institute
  • Aeon Hochberg, Associate at inblock.io, partner DGov foundation
  • Marina Markezic, Consulting at Unlawcked
  • Eugenio Battaglia, Partner at Platform Design Toolkit
  • Maneula Bosch, Co-Founder, Facilitator, Project & Process Designer bei Vanilla Way
  • Luuk Weber, Ecosystem Builder | Futurist | Blockchain & DAO
  • Grace Rachmany, DAO Consultant, Governance / Tokenomics Design, Leadership Training, DAO Funding. Holo / Holochain Power Up team
  • Jantine Derksen, Digital Strategist with a focus on blockchain and DAOs, Ape Unit
  • Philippe Honigman, Partner at Tribute, CEO at ftopia
  • Noah Pierau, Decred
  • Stefan Bergheim, Director, Zentrum für gesellschaftlichen Fortschritt (Center for Societal Progress)
  • Nathan Snyder, Senior Organization Designer at Opus, partner at Encode
  • Kei Kreutler, Strategy Director at Gnosis
  • Chris Wray, Co-founder at Legra
  • Trent McConaghy, Founder OceanProtocol

*based on registrations

Tickets

Please fill this form to give inspiration and an overview how you can contribute to this event (e.g. lightning talk, hosting a session, expertise, organisational help).

All tickets are already discounted by 50% - Thanks to the generous support of Tezos Foundation!

There are three different ticket types. The 126.72€ option on request is a 50% sponsored ticket, the 252.27€ is regularly covering the basic costs and the 377.81€ ticket will support one of the 50% tickets to lower the entry barrier for one community member.

Please attend for the full period of time, there will be no discount if anyone is not able to attend the full time. VAT and Eventbrite fee is not included.

You are warmly invited to join our community calls and planned working sessions.
See videos from the last council

> Register and provide your input here!

Your DGov team: Tim, Max, Ela, Anja, Phoebe, Aeon.

Link to the mural https://app.mural.co/t/seductive4559/m/seductive4559/1572604439954/8475f88d12ee1dc83ebd70fca299b11a200dbebd (pls treat with care)

Comment from anonymous user:

Identification: There are a couple of considerations around identification which I think is handled in an uncomfortable way. We should have a self-sovereign identity solution that allows us to be identified, and some kind of dApp on top of that so we can understand people’s contributions and competencies. Right now it’s very random. Two results that I have noticed is that people do not have “status” in the organization. You called people “activists” which is a kind of a generic label. The membranes for membership/participation are unclear and nobody really knows how you become a different type of member/fellow/activist. There’s no procedure or reputation or number of points. For a healthy organization, there should be clarity around these things. If someone has good rankings as a speaker, for example, that should be something that is known and it’s not an opaque political invisible process who does and doesn’t get a lightning talk, for example.

The second problem is around identity and privacy. I feel that as a participant I have no privacy and my data is used wherever dGov wants to use my data. For example, if someone makes a mindmap of the participation of people in different organization, my full real name appears there and nobody asks me or even informs me that my data is being used.

It is ironic that dGov, which claims to be against privacy violations, centralized power structure, and opaque decision-making, has chosen to implement these procedures internally. Oh, look, I’m not allowed to use an anonymous posting here. LOL

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. It will be included in the thought process.

On the map – it’s based on the public information (e.g. the person is listed on the website or mentioned in the public talk etc). If something is not right there – i can resolve this. I can also remove people if they don’t like to be on the map. Sorry if it was uncomfortable.

Regarding the centralization, please understand we’re the hostages as well =) dgov style organization is many times more complex and time-consuming, and we’re trying it, sometimes with no success. We’re committed to improving that in the future.

Please see the thread on SSI for the DGOV network… more posts coming on that.

1 Like

Cool, are you coming by the way?