Part of DGov Council 2020
Host: Angela Kreitenweis
Topic, Main Questions
- Starting context -> Gitcoin grants, lots of opinions, little engagements and funding
- Amount, quantity, shape, channel for information?
Agreements and convergence
- DAOStack’s system is an example of multiple issues
- There are multiple stakeholders and their interests create complexities and trade-offs
- Managing is very different than managing the community (which constitutes the organisation)
Disagreements and challenges
- Signaling should be constant, i.e. staking proposals
- Multi channel extensive communications vs. highly curated communications
Key learnings and conclusion
- There are different failures of [ways] of participation -> and it’s hard to tell… (what’s the real reason)
- It’s not only about info and proposal but also trust, cognitive issues etc.
- Misalignment of incentives (or lack of clear purpose) is a common culprit