Communications Methodologies Between Communities

Money is a communication mechanism. However, in many communities, other types of measures could be used, for example a “certificate of good-standing”. We also use signals such as “Fair Trade” and “organic” labels. Reputation is another type of mechanism for understanding who someone is–so we don’t have to personally know everyone in order to trust them. What measures might be useful in a post-monetary world?

16:10:39 From Adam Stallard : Hi Grace and everyone. So glad to be sorry. Sorry I’m late!
16:10:48 From Adam Stallard : *here :slight_smile:
16:11:46 From Grace Rachmany : Welcome Adam.
16:14:26 From rin9s : Perhaps Food coin is in this scope -
1 unit of food regardless of $ cost I think-

16:17:54 From Adam Stallard : Will–really great to hear you talk. I love what you’re doing and donate every gitcoin round.
16:20:11 From rin9s : Following what Will said:
Do you think all this tokens would be exchangeable? Could you exchange a value for environmental or financial value? hmmm
16:23:45 From thomas.cox@strongblock.io : “value” is subjective while “amount of money” is objective. objectivity enables exchange
16:32:01 From rin9s : Social Signaling!
16:34:58 From rin9s : Non-transferable tokens. Very interesting!
16:36:31 From rin9s : Selling your reputation?
16:40:05 From livia deschermayer : welcome :slight_smile:
16:41:00 From rin9s : Maybe we could have the topic displayed throughout the call someway (handwritten sign == best) :slight_smile:
16:41:38 From Adam Stallard : Zoom needs a pinned topic option
16:43:16 From Grace inter-community agreements and communication : Topic: What agreements and forms of communication do we need between distributed communities?
16:50:18 From Adam Stallard : >What agreements and forms of communication do we need between distributed communities?

Such an interesting question.
16:59:53 From Sid Sthalekar : Great conversation people. Getting late in Singapore, and I have an early morning so I have to hop off. Hope to join the next conversation as well!
17:00:13 From Michal : take care Sid!
17:00:19 From Grace inter-community agreements and communication : Damn, I was hoping you’d respond to this particular comment… so relevant to what you’re doing
17:00:21 From thomas.cox@strongblock.io : bye Sid
17:03:33 From Tonderai Godknows Nyamweda : Thank you guy . I gat go
17:03:52 From Michal : take care!
17:13:34 From rin9s : To be accurate, its not even The US,
It’s just those students… :slight_smile:

ultimately, all aspects of the supply and labor chain would become transparent in some way

whether that be certificates or other measures to show “consumers” what happened at each part of the process

i think next we may start to see more eco-measures and it can get as detailed as we like — co2 and trees are the hot things right now but there are many more measures

even “fair trade” can be broken down further than a simply binary (fair trade vs non fair trade)

we can start to measure things on continuums/spectrums

what percentage of the ingredients/mass/volume of this product is organic?

on an operationalized ranking scale, how “fair” were the labor conditions and pay of the workers actually on a scale from 0-100?

etc